HP Printer Assistant is printer administration software that installs with your Windows HP print driver. With it, you can scan texts and photos, order supplies, check ink levels, and more. Refer to these frequently asked questions for more knowledge about the HP Printer Assistant.
Is the HP Printer Assistant installed on my computer?
When you install the full feature printer software on your Windows computer, either from the printer CD or from the HP website, HP Printer Assistant installs automatically and should be open. Use one of the following techniques to check for and open Printer Assistant.
- Double-click the printer icon on the desktop to open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click your printer in the list of results to open HP Printer Assistant.
- If you cannot find HP Printer Assistant, download and install the full feature driver for your printer on your computer.
How do I download the HP Printer Assistant?
- Download and install the complete feature software for your printer from the HP website.
- Turn on the printer.
- If your printer is attached to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation advises you to connect the cable if needed.
- Continue to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads.
- Let’s recognize your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.
- The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system chosen.
- If you need to improve the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
- Under the Driver title, click Download.
- During the installation, select the Typical or Recommended type of installation when mentioned by the software installer.
What if the HP Printer Assistant does not open or show multiple printers after upgrading Windows?
After updating Windows to a current version, such as Windows 10, HP Printer Assistant displays the Connect a new printer tool rather than the printer settings and tools view. In other cases, the Printer Assistant promotes the Select a Printer window with various names for your printer or does not open when the printer is connected through USB.
Is HP Printer Assistant available for Mac?
HP Printer Assistant is not ready for mac OS or OS X. The Mac full feature driver installs HP Utility, which has related tools and features.